Orchid Lois dot Com
Here’s the freshest news that is also the topic discussion of every parlor, barberya, binguhan, lugawan and other places (nope, not the “Lani Mercado snobs Ruffa Gutierrez”, it’s so yesterday’s news)… It’s the Bb. Pilipinas 2008 winners and of course Bb. Pilipinas 2008 Ms. World herself… Janina San Miguel!
Who says you can’t win a beauty pageant if you can’t speak proper English? Well, here’s the proof once again! Only in Philippines! (Well, there is Lauren Caitlin Upton, Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007 )
See the vedio below…
Our friends at PMT transcribe the Q and A portion for us:
- Paolo Bediones: Number 15, Janina San Miguel! Janina, how are you?
- Janina San Miguel: I’m fine.
- Paolo Bediones: All right, so you won two of the major awards – Best in Long Gown, Best in Swimsuit, do you feel any pressure right now?
- Janina San Miguel: No, I don’t feel any pressure right now.
- Paolo Bediones: Confident! All right! Please choose the name of the judge.
- Paolo Bediones: We have Miss Vivienne Tan.
- Vivienne Tan: Good Evening.
- Janina San Miguel: Good Evening.
- Vivienne Tan: The question is, what role did your family play to you as candidate to Binibining Pilipinas?
- Janina San Miguel: Well, my family’s role for me is so important because there was the wa- they’re, they was the one who’s… very… Haha… Oh I’m so sorry, Ahhmm… My pamily… My family… Oh my god… I’m… Ok, I’m so sorry… I… I told you that I’m so confident… Eto, Ahhmm, Wait… Hahahaha, Ahmmm. Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever because I’m only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the top 10. Hmm, so… but I said that my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you.
Seriously, congratulations to you, Janina San Miguel! I can’t say you deserve it, but you sure made a heck of a show! Congrats din sa GMA 7! hehehe
Here’s the list of winners!
Miss Bacchus – Danielle Castano
Miss Talent – Rizza Liz Catigan
Miss Friendship – Evangeline Mae Castillo
Miss Photogenic – Danielle Castano
Best in Swimsuit – Janina San Miguel
Miss Natasha – Patricia Fernandez
Miss Natasha Poise and Grace – Danielle Castano
Manila Bulletin’s Reader’s Choice Award – Roxanne Tadique
Miss Philippine Airlines – Danielle Castano
Miss Ever Bilena Cosmetics – Danielle Castano
Best in Long Gown – Janina San Miguel
2nd Runner-Up – Elizabeth Jacqueline Nacuspag
1st Runner-Up – Danielle Castano
Bb Pilipinas International 2008 – Patricia Fernandez
Bb Pilipinas World 2008 – Janina San Miguel
Bb Pilipinas Universe 2008 – Jennifer Barrientos